How do DulcoComfort® work?*
Each liquid gel capsule contains a precisely-measured amount of the active ingredient, docusate sodium, which increases the amount of water absorbed into your bowels to soften your stools and make them easier to pass.
How should DulcoComfort® be taken?*
- For gentel relief of occasional constipation
- Adults 12 years and over: take 1 to 2 capsules daily, maximum 4
- Children 6-12 years: take one capsule daily
- Take this medication by mouth, with plenty of water
- It generally produces a softening relief within 1 to 3 days
- Do not crush, chew, break or open the gel capsule
- Do not give DulcoComfort® Stool Softeners to a child less than 6 years of age unless the doctor tells you to
What the medicinal ingredient is:
What the important non-medicinal ingredients are:
D&C Red #33, edible ink, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Yellow #6, gelatin ,glycerin, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbital sorbitan solution and titanium dioxide.
Adults and children 12 years and older: 1 to 2 capsules per day; maximum 4 capsules daily.
Children 6-12 years: 1 capsule daily.
Take with plenty of water.
Produces bowel movement in 1-3 days
Do not use in the presence of abdominal pain, nausea, fever or vomiting, or if allergic to any ingredients in the product. Do not use with other medicines including mineral oil or liquid paraffin.
Consult your doctor before use if pregnant or breastfeeding, Stop use and ask your doctor if you experience rectal bleeding, sudden changes in bowel habits that last more than 2 weeks or symptoms persist for more than 1 week. Tell your doctor if you experience diarrhea, nausea or abdominal pain.
Frequent or prolonged use may result in dependeces on laxatives; do not use longer than 7 days.
In case of overdose contact a Poison Control Centre or doctor right away. Keep out of reach of children.
If you have any questions regarding using any Ducolax® product, please contact Sanofi-Aventis Canada Inc., at 1-800-265-7927.